Who are Momentum Global Investment Management?
Momentum Global Investment Management is a specialist global investment manager. They focus on designing, building and managing outcome-based investment solutions and providing investment consulting services. What sets Momentum apart is its investment philosophy, areas of focus, and international investment capabilities.
The company is part of Momentum Metropolitan Holdings Limited, a large South African insurance and investment business, listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. They are a significant global player in the financial market with a market capitalisation of $2BN and 16,000 staff.
What challenges did Momentum face?
Momentum were looking to rebuild their corporate website; reflecting their evolving brand, and modernising the platform with the latest digital trends. The primary objective was to raise the visual profile and gravitas of Momentum through access to product literature, references, contact details, bios, and webinars.
The previous Momentum website had been implemented some years ago through an outsourced relationship within their broader group. The UK Team now wanted to bring the management in-house; giving greater site autonomy and flexibility moving forward.
How did GrowCreate resolve Momentum’s challenges?
GrowCreate designed and built a new corporate website on the Umbraco platform, a leading Open Source Microsoft .NET Content Management System. It is hosted on Azure, the cloud computing service built by Microsoft.
The approach taken allowed GrowCreate to:
- Provide a flexible but easy to use website for the Momentum Marketing Team to edit and maintain
- Develop a scalable solution for future Momentum requirements, including multi-lingual setup
- Introduce new custom features, such as document libraries and team profiles
- Ensure compliance by personalising content and navigation for different visitor types
What was the result?
The new Momentum Global Investment Management website went live in January 2020. Immediately after launch the new website registered significant performance improvements:
- An increase of 59% in pages visited per visitor
- More than doubling the time visitors spend on the website
- A reduction of 10% on the average bounce rate
GrowCreate and Momentum are now working together on Phase 2 requirements to further adapt the new corporate website.