Who is NHS Providers?
NHS Providers is the membership organisation and trade association for the NHS acute, ambulance, community and mental health services.
What challenges did NHS Providers face?
NHS providers needed to simplify their charting requirements, develop a digital publications solution, and make improvements to their existing website. Incomplete legacy tasks meant that NHS Providers needed to seek the help of a Umbraco CMS expert.
What did GrowCreate need to deliver?
NHS Providers looked for a specialist Umbraco Gold Partner with a dedicated support program and a history of innovation who could help them to:
- Design their own digital publications with a flexible solution in the back office of Umbraco.
- Create their own interactive charting in the back office of Umbraco. Reduce the day-to-day requirement for additional support from developers.
- Support the creation of 14 different chart types.
- Redesign the website’s homepage.
- Deliver the project on time and to budget.
How did GrowCreate resolve NHS Providers’ challenges?
Working with the entire GrowCreate team, NHS Providers accessed a broad range of expertise from UXers to developers. Our previous charting experience and expertise in Umbraco CMS allowed us to:
- Execute user experience and technical workshop to pin down requirements.
- Design and build a new charting solution in Umbraco.
- Allow the import of data through a custom plugin (Socket).
- Enable the manipulation of data so interactive charts can be built in the front-end.
- Deliver a continuous improvement through a robust support programme and SLA
What was the result?
By working with GrowCreate, NHS Providers achieved the following results:
- A 69% increase in mobile engagement, post launch.
- A 26% increase on average time on page.
- A 9% drop in bounces after the homepage redesign.
- A 26% decrease in page load time after the homepage redesign.
“Thanks for the excellent work you have carried out on our website. We’re really delighted with the results — the charting, new homepage and publishing platform really help move us forward.”
Daniel Reynolds, Director of Communications, NHS Providers.