Who is Wilkinson Sword?
Wilkinson Sword sells original, innovative gardening tools and is a manufacturer with 660 stockists nationwide.
What challenges did Wilkinson Sword face?
Wilkinson Sword needed a new e-commerce website that could support stockists, their sales team, and the call centre while reducing the cost of service delivery. The website also needed to benefit customers, giving them an engaging way to find products relevant to their gardening activities.
What did GrowCreate need to deliver?
Wilkinson Sword wanted to work with an Umbraco CMS specialists who could help them to:
- Understand their customers through persona development and user stories.
- Integrate a number of platforms including SagePay.
- Import legacy orders from the previous systems and export the product catalogue.
How did GrowCreate resolve Wilkinson Sword’s challenges?
Working in weekly sprints, we accelerated the entire project. Working in an interdisciplinary team, within an adapted agile environment, allowed us to:
- Create wireframes, visual design and style guides, to prototypes and development.
- Build a website using the latest version of Umbraco CMS.
- Design a valuable experience for all stockists and customers.
- Put a process in place for continuous UX improvements based on user testing.
What was the result?
By working with GrowCreate and their interdisciplinary team, Wilkinson Sword achieved the following results:
- An increase in stockist location searches.
- A decrease in calls to the support term.
- A reduction in the cost to serve.
- An increase in customers finding product information more easily.