CMS software and online marketing solutions provide a rich core of capabilities to handle many different use cases.
Capabilities highlight how different users can take advantage of these technologies. But determining which capabilities are the right ones depends on the requirements and business objectives of the teams that will be utilising the CMS.
- User interfaces (UIs) that are “friendly” to marketers and other less-technical roles (such as content managers and contributors) make a big difference in putting people to work quickly. The right CMS will provide ease of use and intuitive pathways through the user interface
- CMS software that provides e-commerce capabilities. Your teams will want to create high-quality online commerce sites quickly. You’ll also want a CMS that integrates with third-party systems (such as ERP and CRM) to move data bi-directionally between systems
- A CMS with integrated online marketing capabilities is instrumental in creating exceptional customer experiences throughout e-commerce interactions. Happy customers come back to purchase again—and spread the word to people they know
- Comprehensive digital marketing capabilities greatly enhance the ability of your organisation to connect with the right customers through engaging campaigns, content marketing, and interactive communications
- A CMS that complies with the rules and regulations of various data privacy laws and practices
- Built-in workflow to take care of user management and version control for content activities
- An omnichannel CMS, where customers want interactions on one channel (or device) carry over to their next interaction channel
How important is content for everything your company does around products, marketing, and selling?
A versatile CMS to facilitate the creation, management, and use of multiple types of content, not only for the traditional website but also for mobile apps, marketing campaigns, and other digital venues.
The rise in the importance of CMS software is directly tied to the upsurge in demand for quality content to engage customers and interest them in buying your products and services. Multiple teams in your organisation have a continuous demand for content for their projects and initiatives. This calls for a versatile CMS to facilitate the creation, management, and use of multiple types of content, not only for the traditional website but also for mobile apps, marketing campaigns, and other digital venues.
The right CMS software provides management of content, supports testing, optimisation of web pages and provides analytics to determine the effectiveness of web pages, marketing automation, and content marketing.
The CMS software also provides content personalisation capabilities to communicate with each customer on an individual level and provide them with the most relevant information. Personalised content improves the customer experience with your company, especially in the context of real-time responsiveness to customer interactions.
Download our white paper.
What CMS software capabilities does marketing need to be effective?
The CMS software you evaluate should provide integrated capabilities for digital marketing activities.
Does your CMS software protect user data?
The CMS software you choose should help you comply with the rules and regulations of various data privacy laws and practices.